The HAAA Scholarship offers an opportunity for Arab students who are interested in pursuing undergraduate studies at Harvard University in the USA. In 2010, the Harvard Arab Alumni Association (HAAA) established the HAAA Scholarship Fund, which was the first of its kind at Harvard. The primary aim of this scholarship is to increase the representation of Arab students at Harvard.
Currently, the Arab world is underrepresented within Harvard’s student body. As of 2013, only 118 students from Arab nations were enrolled at Harvard, encompassing less than 2% of the total global student population of 4,000 across all schools and degree programs. To address this disparity, the HAAA Scholarship Fund aims to raise $10 million to support economically disadvantaged students from the Arab world who have been admitted to any of the Harvard Schools.
By providing financial assistance, the HAAA Scholarship seeks to facilitate access to a Harvard education for deserving Arab students who face economic challenges. This initiative aligns with the HAAA’s overarching goal of fostering greater Arab representation and engagement within the Harvard community.
- Also Apply for Clark University Scholarships 2023 (Fully Funded)
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): Harvard University
- Study in: USA
- Program Period: According to the program (Full Time degree program).
- Deadline: Admission Deadline
The HAAA Scholarship is a comprehensive scholarship program available to students from eligible Arab countries listed by the program. This scholarship offers full funding for selected candidates, ensuring that they can pursue their academic endeavors without financial constraints.
Eligibility Criteria for HAAA Scholarship
The recipients of the HAAA Scholarship will be chosen solely by the Harvard Committee on General Scholarship, following the criteria set forth by the Harvard Arab Alumni Association.
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: The student must be a resident or national of an Arab country Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Sudan, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, Yemen, Somalia, Djibouti, Mauritania, Comoros.
- Admission to Harvard University: The student must have received acceptance into a full-time degree program at any of Harvard University’s schools, such as the College, Law School, Business School, or Kennedy School.
- Demonstrated Financial Need: The student should demonstrate a financial need as determined by Harvard University’s general scholarship criteria. This assessment will be used to determine the student’s eligibility for the HAAA Scholarship.
- Preference for Prior Education in Arab Country: Preference will be given to students who have obtained a previous degree, either from high school or college, from an educational institution in an Arab country. This preference aims to prioritize applicants with educational backgrounds rooted in the Arab world.
Meeting these criteria increases the chances of being considered for the HAAA Scholarship, a prestigious opportunity offered to students who have gained admission to Harvard University and demonstrate financial need, with a preference for those with prior education in Arab countries.
The HAAA Scholarship 2023 | Harvard University USA
To apply for The HAAA Scholarship, please follow the steps below:
- Review Eligibility Criteria: Ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements for The HAAA Scholarship. This includes being accepted into a full-time degree program at any of Harvard University’s schools and demonstrating financial need as determined by the university’s general scholarship criteria. Preference is given to applicants who have obtained a prior degree from an educational institution in an Arab country.
- Complete the Admission Process: Begin by completing the admission process for Harvard University. Submit your application for the desired full-time degree program at any of the Harvard schools, such as the College, Law School, Business School, or Kennedy School. Follow the instructions provided by the university and provide all necessary documentation.
- Demonstrate Financial Need: Harvard University will evaluate your financial need based on their general scholarship criteria. Make sure to provide accurate and complete information regarding your financial circumstances during the application process.
- Highlight Arab Educational Background: If you have obtained a prior degree from an educational institution in an Arab country, emphasize this educational background in your application. Provide any relevant documentation or transcripts to support your claim.
- Submit Scholarship Application (if required): Check if The HAAA Scholarship requires a separate application. If so, complete the scholarship application form, including any additional essays or documents requested. Pay close attention to deadlines and submission instructions.
- Await Notification: After submitting your application, await a response from Harvard University regarding your admission and scholarship application. If selected as a recipient of The HAAA Scholarship, you will be notified accordingly, along with any further instructions or requirements.
It is essential to adhere to the application guidelines provided by Harvard University and to contact the university’s admissions office or scholarship department if you have any specific questions or need further assistance throughout the application process. Good luck with your application for The HAAA Scholarship!
How to Apply for The HAAA Scholarship?
Please visit official website link given at the end. Here are some necessary steps to avail The HAAA Scholarship:
- Apply to any school of Harvard University and only AFTER being accepted to Harvard step two will follow
- The financial officer of your school submits your application to the Harvard Committee on General Scholarships who then decides who receives the award. You need not apply to the HAAA.
To know more about The HAAA Scholarship, please visit official website: