How to Become a Civil Engineer – Civil engineering is one of the oldest engineering disciplines and is responsible for maintaining the infrastructure of the society. Civil Engineers ensure the safe, construction, operation and maintenance of buildings such as roads, bridges, buildings and dams etc. Duties require specialized educational and skills in civil engineering. Career options in the field of Civil Engineer as well as what is the salary of Civil Engineer? Which courses are available for this? All this information is given here.
What is civil Engineering-
Whenever the government makes a plan, first of all the Civil Engineers do the work of planning, designing and creative work of that plan, research and preparing solutions. Civil engineers have an important role in making the plans successful.
Educational Qualification of Civil Engineer-
Junior Civil Engineer-
- To become a junior civil engineer, you have to do a diploma course. Which is mandatory to pass in subjects like Class 10th Physics, Chemistry, Maths.
- And the duration of Diploma course is 3 years.
Senior Civil Engineer-
- After passing the subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Maths in class 12th, the candidate of senior civil engineer has to do B.E in civil engineering field. Or it is mandatory to do B.Tech course.
- This course is of 4 years.
Work of Civil Engineer
- Civil engineers shape large scale construction projects through design and project management.
- Bridges, dams, roads, buildings and airports are all involved in the work of civil engineers.
- Their roles may include planning data analysis, cost estimation, material testing and soil analysis.
Different Types of Engineers
There are many types of engineers according to the field like-
- Junior / Senior Civil Engineer
- electrical engineer
- software engineer
- hardware engineer
- Automobile engineer
- agriculture engineer
Civil Engineer Courses
Civil engineering courses are as follows-
- Diploma in civil engineering
- B.Tech in civil engineering
- B.E. in civil engineering
- B.Tech in civil engineering
- M.E. in civil engineering
- Ph.D. in civil engineering
- Certificate course in building design
- Infrastructure project management
- Post graduate in civil engineering
- Graduation in civil engineering
Job Opportunities in Civil Engineering-
- There are many job opportunities in the civil engineering field.
- There are excellent job opportunities for civil engineering in both government jobs and private jobs.
- A civil engineer can get employment in the public workers department of state and central government and construction projects of military and railways.
- Civil engineering can also work as a project engineer in a private construction company.
Civil Engineer Salary – How to Become a Civil Engineer
The salary of senior civil engineers ranges from around Rs 15,000 to Rs 30 or 40,000 per month and also keeps increasing according to one’s qualification.
- How to Become a Junior Engineer, Complete Information
- How to Become an Automobile Engineer, Complete Information
- How to Become a Transport Engineer, Complete Information
How to Become a Civil Engineer, How to Become a Civil Engineer, How to Become a Civil Engineer, How to Become a Civil Engineer, How to Become a Civil Engineer